I was just listening to your podcast on ARM complications with Marc Levitt, which is very well done. Congratulations!

Listening to Todd and Marc sharing experiences regarding improvising muscle stimulators (in Peru) made me want to raise awareness about a low cost muscle stimulator a colleague and I invented to meet this need!

We created a durable probe that can be autoclaved and plugs into an anesthesia nerve stimulator (see below). The probe is not FDA cleared yet (although we are currently pursuing it) so it cannot be used in the US. In late 2013, we founded the non-profit, Global Pediatric Surgical Technology and Education Project (GP STEP) to design, patent, manufacture and deploy the F-K stimulators and additional technology to come. We have donated 45 of the F-K Stimulators to surgeons in 19 countries, so that both visiting pediatric surgeons and local pediatric surgeons have reliable and durable tool to perform precise ARM repair for their patients. So far feedback has been very positive.

Checkout the GP STEP website where you can see more about what we are doing, our mission and the stimulator. Also, our the GP STEP Surgical Innovation Advisory Board has many mutual friends and colleagues: Marcela, Yama, Keith Georgeson, etc. who are lending their expertise and support.

Frykman-Kimble Stimulator

Phil

Philip K. Frykman, M.D., Ph.D., M.B.A., FACS, FAAP

Associate Professor of Surgery and Biomedical Sciences
Associate Director, Pediatric Surgery
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

President and Co-founder, Global Pediatric Surgical Technology and Education Project
www.gpstep.org

I was just listening to your podcast on ARM complications with Marc Levitt, which is very well done. Congratulations! Listening to Todd and Marc sharing experiences regarding improvising muscle stimulators (in Peru) made me want to raise awareness about a low cost muscle stimulator a colleague and I invented to meet this need! We created a durable probe that can be autoclaved and plugs into an anesthesia nerve stimulator (see below). The probe is not FDA cleared yet (although we are currently pursuing it) so it cannot be used in the US. In late 2013, we founded the non-profit, **Global Pediatric Surgical Technology and Education Project (GP STEP)** to design, patent, manufacture and deploy the F-K stimulators and additional technology to come. We have donated 45 of the F-K Stimulators to surgeons in 19 countries, so that both visiting pediatric surgeons and local pediatric surgeons have reliable and durable tool to perform precise ARM repair for their patients. So far feedback has been very positive. Checkout the GP STEP website where you can see more about what we are doing, our mission and the stimulator. Also, our the GP STEP Surgical Innovation Advisory Board has many mutual friends and colleagues: Marcela, Yama, Keith Georgeson, etc. who are lending their expertise and support. [Frykman-Kimble Stimulator](http://www.gpstep.org "Global Pediatric surgical Technology and Project") http://d1ue90e5sp4tcv.cloudfront.net/2135/images/Grid_Image_17405_0_v2-640.jpg Phil Philip K. Frykman, M.D., Ph.D., M.B.A., FACS, FAAP Associate Professor of Surgery and Biomedical Sciences Associate Director, Pediatric Surgery Cedars-Sinai Medical Center President and Co-founder, Global Pediatric Surgical Technology and Education Project www.gpstep.org
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft